Monday, October 6, 2008

Aidilfitri 2008

1st Syawal came and went. As with the past years, the day was chaotic, exhausting and fun all rolled into one. Grand-aunties, grand-uncles, aunties, uncles, cousins, once removed, twice removed.. I lost track, (in short, everyone and their second cousin twice removed were there!) came in throngs to my parents house. “Who’s kid is that plucking all the flowers off my prized plant?” (patience, mummy, patience..), “Now quit squishing that kek lapis into the sofa!!”, “I can’t find my other shoe, mama!” are common phenomena during the Eid at my parents house :o) there are just sooo many of them and it’s a vicious arrive, eat, drink, shake hands, depart cycle.. almost a blink-and-you’ll-miss-them situation (where are all these people the other 364 days?). We spent weeks preparing the house, the food, etc. and the day just zip by in a chaotic blur :o) However, Alhamdulillah, all of us, my husband and kids, my grandma, my parents, siblings, spouses, offsprings, in-laws all got to meet up together, in good health and spirit, to exchange wishes, seek forgiveness and to spread our love (and behinds!haha! food, glorious food..). We survived :o). Surprisingly, even after all the chaos at my parents' house and all the house hopping, my two energizer bunnies somehow still had some extra energy left to try mama’s and papa’s patience by fussing over bedtime and then some :o) Oh well, hari raya has always been more fun for the kids..

To Everyone:

Salam Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir & Batin..

(Will be back to crafting soon. If only to keep me sane :o) ha!)

Petals & Berries

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir Batin!

I'm so sorry we did not have the chance to meet and beraya this year. Will be in JB early Nov and hope to catch up with you then.

I love your pweety blog!

Petals and Berries said...

Thank you,Ma. You know I've always been crazy about pweety pweety stuff :o)

Salam Aidilfitri to you too. Maaf Zahir Batin. Halalkan makan minum. 25 years into our friendship, banyak dosa tu.. haha.. although most of the sins I believe were connivingly committed together! Remember C--p---d--- in Leicester? HAHA..Take care, miss you, friend!