Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ramadhan

ALHAMDULILLAH. God grants me another Ramadhan. Ramadhan calls for inner-reflection, rethinking of meaning of life and ones place thereof. This Ramadhan I have a lot to be thankful for. My grandmother (the only grandparent I have left), an octogenarian, is still able to observe the fast (and still does a lot of cooking for us!). My parents are happy with their own activities. Mummy's making Aidilfitri hampers (yeah, the creative blood runs in the family ;o)) and Ayah's getting a steady flow of patients at his clinic as word of mouth travels (he lo00ves helping people). And they are both healthy albeit some minor aches and pains that comes with being in their golden years.. Alhamdulillah..

As for family life, well, I'm blessed with a husband who loves to cook and puts his skill to good use during Ramadhan (thank you, sayang!). My kids are healthy, beautiful (please do excuse a biased mama's view :o)) and happy. I get along well with my in-laws (they understand that this daughter-in-law doesn't cook much) [but I LOVE and appreciate your cooking, mak! hehe..]. Yes, indeed, I do have a lot to be thankful for.. Alhamdulillah..

I wish everyone Ramadhan Al-Mubarak, may you have a peaceful and blessed month.

"You who believe? Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, so perchance you may attain God-consciousness." (Q 2:183)


Petals & Berries

No comments: