Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Roses for Sale


I love crafting and if you know me well, you would know that I love trying out all sorts of new crafts.. at least once. Yes, Jack-of-aaaaaall-trades, that's me :o) But the problem is, most of the time "once" is not enough :o) especially if I think I can do better on my next try. So, ever since my first decoupage attempt, a lot of ideas, mostly inspired by decoupage websites and blogs, have been running through my head..

So a couple of days ago, I started working on a sign..

Believe me, I was pretty clueless, I have never attended any classes on decoupage before and I have to tell you, all that I know about decoupage I learned from the internet :o) heee..


It was mostly trial and error, that was why I never even bothered to take a step-by-step photo, as I was afraid it would turn out awful.. :o) this photo was taken after I have already painted the plaque (please don't ask what green it is as I have no idea! I just mixed a couple of greens , some white and some yellow and made sure I had mixed enough to cover the whole project) and applied the roses..
Then I thought it needed some wordings, so I went on the net for some beautiful fonts (this font that I used is known as Old Script..). And the results..




I'm mighty pleased! Far from perfect, I must admit, but I don't think the combination of green and pink and a bunch of sweet cabbage roses could ever go wrong :o)

Petals & Berries

No comments: