Saturday, November 29, 2008

Felt Cupcakes

I went to the local craft store a couple of months back and bought some felt, embroidery floss (that's some fancy words for thick threads :o)) and beads to make some felt cupcakes (yes, still in that "crazy-about-cupcakes" phase). I never got round to making it until last week. This is my very first attempt, I've never worked with felt before, so please be kind :o). After cutting and pasting and sewing and adjusting this is what it looks like:

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Don't they look delicious? Now that I made these, what do I do with them? I would be content to just sit and stare at them (no calories!) but that just won't do..

So I turned some into message board magnets..

And I also used some to decorate a box..

It compliments the cupcake printed ribbon perfectly..

What else can I do with it? Any ideas please? Maybe a set of napkins? placemats? tea-towels? potholders? That could keep me busy well into next year! Not that next year is that too far away :o) However, I'm already working on another project. I'll give you a hint.. it smells wonderful! Please come back soon to take a sneak peek!

Petals & Berries

1 comment:

Dodie RH Alfian said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! darl, mana u jmpa nice cupcake ribbon?? been looking for it..tp x jmper.