Saturday, December 27, 2008

Rose Porcelain Jars

Alhamdulillah, I'm having a wonderful weekend :o). My husband is on his way home after being away for a week (missed you :o)) and I managed to finish another craft project today. Hooray!!:o)

Found these on clearance at a local rejects store for RM5 each. It was a steal! White porcelain jars just waiting to be decorated. Although it was all dusty, dirty and stained when I saw it, I knew it had potential :o).

I spent quite some time working off the glue from the tape and all the stains and dirt and 5 hours later (is my nose getting longer? well, it FELT like 5 hours!) tadaaa..


.. all nice and clean. It was practically gleaming :o).

I had some rose decals that I bought online earlier in the year which I have not gotten around to using so I thought this would be the perfect project for it. I cut up some of the decals and followed the instructions on how to apply it. And finished it with a layer of varnish. Voila!

All done. Don't you just love the cabbage roses?




These would look wonderful in the kitchen. My asam, garam and serbuk kunyit would be so honoured! hehe.. It can also be used to fill in tea, coffee and sugar. Jars like these are so useful, I'm so glad I found them. The decals are about RM1.50-2.00 each. So, calculating it roughly, it all came to only about RM10 per jar. How's that for a good bargain?

Petals & Berries


No comments: